Thomas F. O'Neill


*******This Is An Award Winning Blog*******

Phone: (800) 272-6464

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61577967478775

E-mail: introspective7@hotmail.com

Copyright © 2005 - 2025 by Thomas F. O'Neill - All rights reserved. Commercial use or reproduction in any form is strictly prohibited without the author’s consent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Shenandoah, PA / Suzhou, China, Pennsylvania / Jiangsu, China, United States

I am currently working as a certified ESL teacher at a private school in Wuxi, China. I have also taught Primary School, Middle School, and High school in Suzhou, China. I am now currently a High school Teacher in Wuxi, in the Jiangsu province. I am also tutoring older students who are planning to travel to English-speaking countries. Some of my older students that I am tutoring are preparing to take their entrance exam for various Universities. I also volunteer for our school’s summer camp program. It is something I enjoy doing and at the same time the students learn a great deal about the western culture. I also worked at the SMIC summer camp in Shanghai in July of 2010 and 2011. During the last nine years I have been a volunteer teacher for the iCity charitable organization in Suzhou, China. I also have been doing a lot of volunteer work to promote our School.

Thursday, August 27, 2026

A before and after shot 💓

The girl in the photos is a before and after shot. One photo is from 2010, and the other is from 2026.

She gave me a wristband in 2010 and asked me to never take it off. She was a little 3rd grader at the time. She said she found me on WeChat after searching for the Suzhou International Foreign Language School on Facebook.  She used my phone number that is listed on Facebook to find me on WeChat.

When she saw that I was still wearing the wristband, she started to cry. She is getting married in Las Vegas and she invited me to her wedding.  We never know how the littlest of gestures can have an impact on someone.

She was a student at the school where I taught and every year I was there I wore her wristband. Eventually she moved to High School and became my student. When she saw that I was still wearing the wristband, she gave me one big hug, and now in America, I'm still wearing it.

Why am I telling you this story because it is important to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home