Thomas F. O'Neill


*******This Is An Award Winning Blog*******

Phone: (800) 272-6464

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thomasf.oneill.3

E-mail: introspective7@hotmail.com

Copyright © 2005 - 2023 by Thomas F. O'Neill - All rights reserved. Commercial use or reproduction in any form is strictly prohibited without the author’s consent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Shenandoah, PA / Suzhou, China, Pennsylvania / Jiangsu, China, United States

I am currently working as a certified ESL teacher at a private school in Wuxi, China. I have also taught Primary School, Middle School, and High school in Suzhou, China. I am now currently a High school Teacher in Wuxi, in the Jiangsu province. I am also tutoring older students who are planning to travel to English-speaking countries. Some of my older students that I am tutoring are preparing to take their entrance exam for various Universities. I also volunteer for our school’s summer camp program. It is something I enjoy doing and at the same time the students learn a great deal about the western culture. I also worked at the SMIC summer camp in Shanghai in July of 2010 and 2011. During the last nine years I have been a volunteer teacher for the iCity charitable organization in Suzhou, China. I also have been doing a lot of volunteer work to promote our School.

Sunday, February 02, 2020

Thank you all for reaching out to me ......... 🦅

I am writing this in response to the text messages and emails I received asking if I contracted the coronavirus here in China, the answer is “NO.”

I’m doing alright but all the non-essential businesses in China are shut down because of the Virus Outbreak. It is only going to get worse, everyone, here is required to self-quarantine themselves until further notice. The schools are shut down too so I’m not teaching now and my students are bored because they can’t leave their homes. They send me text messages and chat with me about things they are hearing on the news about how fast the virus is spreading.

Some stores can stay open in order to sell food and water and some pharmacies are open in order to sell medication. If people leave their apartment they have to wear a facemask and go to a certain entrance and exist in their apartment complex to have their temperature taken, to make sure they don’t have a fever. If they have a fever they are taken to a different location and screened to make sure they don’t have the coronavirus.

Americans that went back to the US during the Chinese New Year are unable to get a flight back to China because all flights to China are now suspended to the end of March. I’m lucky that I remained in China and that I didn’t leave the country. A friend of mine is stuck in the US and is unable to return to the school where he is a teacher. He is not happy about that because it is going to create problems for him. He has to be physically in China in order to renew his residential permit which expires on February 28th.

Well, one good thing about having to stay home is that I’m not going hungry. I have plenty of friends to prevent that from happening.

I will keep you guys up to date but hopefully, everything will be back to normal by the end of February.

Once again thank you all for showing me how much you care for my well being and I’m sorry for taking so long to answer your emails.

Always with love from Suzhou China,

Thomas F O’Neill

WeChat - Thomas_F_ONeill

U.S. Voice mail: (410) 925-9334

China Mobile: 011 (86) 13405757231

Skype: thomas_f_oneill

Email: introspective7@hotmail.com

Facebook: http://facebook.com/thomasf.oneill.3/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home